At the last meeting, members were asking when we could meet again. I am holding my annual surface design event in June. It is open to all types of artists. I officially invite you to join in the fun!
When and where:
June 9 & 10, 2012
1239 Academy Road, Thetford, VT
What time and how much?
9:30 - 5:30 both days
It's completely Free!
This year, however, we will have a jar out for donations to the Open Fields School
What is it about?
This is your weekend. This is about getting the messy work done. This is about talking to and working around other like minded people. Work gets done in a supportive creative environment and it's contagious.
The details:
Bring your own table and chair and any supplies you need to get the work done.
Bring a pop up tent if you have one and your own lunch & nibbles in a cooler.
Plan on sharing ideas, supplies, and maybe some of your food/nibbles!
What is provided?
There is an outdoor hose set up for water. Open Fields School has generously loaned us several 10' x 10' Tents. The use of the house facilities includes the kitchen and bathrooms. We will have batik wax, and Tjanting tools available.
FAQ:
What if it rains?
The surface design blowout goes on even if it is cold and rainy. We shut down for hurricanes and thunder and lightning.
Do I have to attend both days? No
Do I have to work if I attend? or can I just walk around and watch? No you don't have to work, but you may want to once you get here! So pack your stuff just in case.
If I travel there, where can I stay? There is Thetford State Park Campground nearby. Lyme NH has two B&Bs, Loch Lyme Lodge has cabins, White River Junction has several name hotels. It may be Dartmouth Graduation weekend so, if you have trouble booking, let me know for I can accommodate, and/or I have friends who can host you as well. Contact me if you would like this option. msartquilts@gmail.com
What if I forget something? Chances are, with this crowd, someone else will have it!
I will plan a "take out" dinner party for Saturday evening! We can pitch in for "take out" and eat at my house. Bring show and tell if you'd like!
When and where:
June 9 & 10, 2012
1239 Academy Road, Thetford, VT
What time and how much?
9:30 - 5:30 both days
It's completely Free!
This year, however, we will have a jar out for donations to the Open Fields School
What is it about?
This is your weekend. This is about getting the messy work done. This is about talking to and working around other like minded people. Work gets done in a supportive creative environment and it's contagious.
The details:
Bring your own table and chair and any supplies you need to get the work done.
Bring a pop up tent if you have one and your own lunch & nibbles in a cooler.
Plan on sharing ideas, supplies, and maybe some of your food/nibbles!
What is provided?
There is an outdoor hose set up for water. Open Fields School has generously loaned us several 10' x 10' Tents. The use of the house facilities includes the kitchen and bathrooms. We will have batik wax, and Tjanting tools available.
FAQ:
What if it rains?
The surface design blowout goes on even if it is cold and rainy. We shut down for hurricanes and thunder and lightning.
Do I have to attend both days? No
Do I have to work if I attend? or can I just walk around and watch? No you don't have to work, but you may want to once you get here! So pack your stuff just in case.
If I travel there, where can I stay? There is Thetford State Park Campground nearby. Lyme NH has two B&Bs, Loch Lyme Lodge has cabins, White River Junction has several name hotels. It may be Dartmouth Graduation weekend so, if you have trouble booking, let me know for I can accommodate, and/or I have friends who can host you as well. Contact me if you would like this option. msartquilts@gmail.com
What if I forget something? Chances are, with this crowd, someone else will have it!
I will plan a "take out" dinner party for Saturday evening! We can pitch in for "take out" and eat at my house. Bring show and tell if you'd like!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Welcome! We'd love to hear from you!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.