Sunday, December 2, 2018

Member News


Cindy Heath
Here are some photos of Celestial Beings, the artwork I completed in Jane Dunnewold's three-year art cloth mastery program. It was displayed at the Off Fredericksburg Road Studio Tour in San Antonio, TX in February of 2018.

I've always been drawn to the array of colors and moods in the natural environment. I love the meditative effect of wild flowers and grasses waving in the wind, moving water, falling snow, or a star filled sky.  One of my favorite experiences in life is to wander through a wildflower meadow on a breezy, sunny day. It's both calming and energizing.

For this series, I wanted to celebrate the elegance and grace of wild plants and grasses but I was also curious about the symbolism, energy, and flow of the color wheel. I also wanted to know more about the broad range of moods and meanings associated with different colors - from peace and calm to vitality and happiness, from passion and harmony to imagination and love, from ambition and spirituality to optimism and energy. And everything in between.

The process of creating this work evolved over 2 years, and addressed the challenge of merging the elements of color, unseen energy, movement, and wild flowers.





















Donna Stalaboin
I will be showing 2 pieces at the WREN SMALL WORKS SHOW at 2011 Main Street, Bethlehem, NH, from December 7th – 31st, 2018.  I’ve been a member of this organization for a few years and this is a members-only show.  I’ll be there on First Friday (December 7th) for the opening.

These pieces are part of my first-ever attempt at putting together a collection. I’m very excited to exhibit them and maybe get some feedback from the show.  I’ve never shown anything at this venue before.  Shame on me.

I have a thing for trees, whether they are dormant or if death has overtaken them.  I find the "skeletons" amazing, but when a bird or birds use them as a "Landing Zone", it brings life back to the tree(s).

For more information:   http://wrenworks.org/ABOUT-US

Sing to Me
Together









Robin Cornwell
I am the Spotlight Artist in the December/January issue of Quilting Arts Magazine. 

My hand-quilted pieces are made up of detailed and layered hand carved block print images and real leaf prints. The hand is a recurring theme in my most recent works and those that accompany the article. I am inspired by the natural beauty of the plants and flowers of rural New Hampshire.









Polly Friedrichs
I am happy to report that the 2019 RiverWoods Art Calendar is being sold for $5.  The cost to mail it is just under $2, and with the cost of a brown mailing envelope, $7 would cover it nicely.  To order: Please contact Polly via email at pef1@williams.edu.

Shown below in the gallery at The Ridge, RiverWoods, are two of the pieces which will be featured in the 2019 calendar.

Left: Woods in Spring by Polly Friedrichs                                                       Right:  Claire's Lilies by Jane Kaufman


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.