Thursday, May 26, 2011

News form Maine Member, Kathy Angel Lee

FourSqSunflower
It’s been a productive winter and now I’m ready to share some of the fruits of my labor. Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve updated my website – you’ll notice some new ways to navigate. (Thanks to Holly Knott for her help in the conversion to a content management system.) In all the galleries, generally, the newest work is at the beginning. I’ve also added a blog. My hope is to write maybe once a week to recap what I’ve been doing for the week, share some inspiration or a new idea/technique and to keep in touch with friends and family. I hope you take a minute to check it out and comment if you’d like. 
This winter I was fortunate to be asked to exhibit work at a couple of places.......the Yawkey Cancer Center at Mass General in Boston and The Couleur Collection, a boutique and gallery in Falmouth. Both opportunities came about because someone saw my work at either the website or an outdoor show. Over the past two weeks, everything’s come home – it feels like college kids coming home for the summer!

It’s getting close to that time when I start the outdoor show season. Included at the website is the list of all the shows I’ll be doing over the next few months. Maybe I’ll meet some of you at one of these events.
Swamp Trees
Links
Saco Bay Artists
http://www.sacobayartists.org

Maine Women in the Arts
http://www.mainewomenarts.com

Norway Art Festival
http://www.norwayartsfestival.org

Bethel Art Festival
http://www.mahoosucarts.org

Yarmouth Clam Festival
http://www.clamfestival.com/

South Portland Art in the Park
http://www.artintheparkmaine.com

Brunswick Outdoor Arts Festival
http://www.brunswickdowntown.com/boaf

School Around Us Art Festival
http://www.schoolaroundus.org/Craft_Fairs.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.