Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Aftermath of Irene and other news

The damaged Quechee VT Bridge and nearby Insurance building
photo taken on location by Margaret Sheehan
Hi Everyone! How are you? Doing well, I hope!  Our area got hit pretty hard by Hurricane Irene and I hope that all of you are doing OK.  I have been hearing all kinds of "survival" stories from my local friends. I also had a chance to get out and see some of the destruction caused by flooding and I must say, it is shocking! Please take a moment to donate to charities that will help the people in dire need of immediate assistance.


Art can get us through some of the toughest times though, so keep on creating and even documenting all your experiences.

Consider attending our next meeting! the Searsport Maine event, to share, create, rest and renew.  It's not too late to RSVP and attend.  All three of your SAQA reps, Susan Balch, Wen Redmond and I will be there as well as Valarie Poitier and Michele David, the reps for MA/RI.  Bring your non-SAQA friends! They will want to join SAQA with you after meeting more of our dynamic members!

If you are already signed up to go, Great!  Beth has sent out materials lists.  If you have not received this information, let a rep know, ASAP.  We can get that information to you. Bring your Show and Tell!

See you all soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.