Monday, June 11, 2012

Pictures from Sunday's Surface Design Blowout

Nellie Pennington with her folded, plexiglass pressed fabrics

Nellie Pennington's working space

Close up of Nellie's dyed fabric

Janet Daniels filling a dye bucket

Sue Geno and Nellie Pennington talk technique.

Janet Daniels preparing her batik work for the dyes

Joke picture from Chris Maute. Margaret's head superimposed on
an image of her wrapped sweatshirt before the dyes were applied.

Margaret Sheehan's finished dyed sweatshirt 

Sleeve detail from Margaret's sweatshirt (un-ironed)

Margaret Sheehan having a great time.

Chris Maute's dyed yardage in the sunlight.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Just catching up. Looks like a fun day! I have a question about the fabric being held by Nellie Pennington in the first photo. I purchased some fabric in those colours from a dyer...Loved it. But eventually used it all. I commissioned her to do more fabric, but either she misunderstood just what I was looking for with those colours or she has quite changed her method. Anyway, do you recall how those colours were achieved? I can work out patterning, but what I really want are the colours!!!
    Thanks,
    Sandy in the UK
    (Originally Maine)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.