Sarah Ann Smith:
In the Aug/Sept issue of Quilting Arts, I've got an article on using your camera as a design tool. I'll be teaching in Houston, and I've astonishingly got a lot of art out there on display:IQF Houston I'll have my Autumn on Blueberry Lane in the juried show and Pink Oyster Mushrooms in the Best of Dinner@8 exhibit.
Peony will be at the AQS Fall Paducah show
Amaryllis and Conversations I are at the Whistler House Museum of Art fiber art show (August-September), and Lupines will be on display in the SAQA Regional exhibit at the Lowell Quilt Museum (October or January—Nancy and Allison haven't decided which quilts will be in which exhibits yet)
Donna Mohan:
The Whipple Free Library's September Artist Exhibit features Donna Mohan and Cyndie Katz. The name of this exhibition is Color, Shape, and Serendipity, Abstract Art by Donna Mohan and Cyndie Katz.
Donna reports: "I am having an exhibit in collaboration with a friend who paints. We will each show our own work, as well as one piece which we did together. Cyndie painted the canvas and I cut it up, pieced, quilted, and framed it."
For more information: https://mailchi.mp/b6854a5e6e4b/news-from-the-library-1452969
For more information: https://mailchi.mp/b6854a5e6e4b/news-from-the-library-1452969
Nelda Warkentin:
August 27 - October 15, 2018, quilts by Nelda Warkentin will be displayed at Maine General Medical Center, 35 Medical Center Parkway, Augusta ME.
This solo exhibition, titled Western Maine, Patterns and Portraits, will feature Warkentin's bird portraits done in oil, as well as her art quilts.
This solo exhibition, titled Western Maine, Patterns and Portraits, will feature Warkentin's bird portraits done in oil, as well as her art quilts.
![]() |
Ravenswood
42" x 42"
multiple layers of acrylic painted silk
photo by the artist
|
Ree Fagan:
My quilt, Superdex, won a Blue Ribbon at the Vermont Quilt Festival and is a finalist in the World of Beauty competition at International Quilt Festival in Houston this year.Rosalind Daniels:
My quilt, Skin Spots, appears in SAQA's Art Quilt Quarterly #12. It accompanies the article about the Metamorphosis exhibition.Rana O'Connor:
I am a member of Art Quilts Maine, a statewide chapter of Pine Tree Quilters Guild. We have an annual traveling show of member’s work that you may be interested in. Venues and dates for this year’s tour are:Skowhegan Public Library, September 3 – October 13
Kimball St Studios in Lewiston (reception Friday, October 26), October 23 – November 17
Portland Public Library, November 23 – January 3
Yarmouth History Center (reception Friday, January 18), January 8 – March 4
Farmington Public Library, March 29 – May 30
I am teaching two workshops at The Sewing Machine Exchange in Falmouth, ME.
Sacked Coins, a beginner friendly baby quilt 9/14
Free Motion Quilting—also beginner friendly 9/29
See more info on my blog: https://ranaquilts.wordpress.com
Wen Redmond:
I'll be teaching November 28 – December 2 at Hudson River Valley Art Workshops — 3 days of Digital Explorations. November 28th is arrival/check in day. The three class days are Nov 29, 30, and Dec. 1. Departure is after breakfast on Dec. 2.Info here: http://www.artworkshops.com/art-workshop-instructors/wen_redmond.html
It was my pleasure to jury the show at the Whistler Museum with Janice Jones. Please journey down to Lowell to see it hanging! The Brush Gallery has a lovely show too.
Big News! My work, Leaping Point, was in the Marvin Fletcher, Quilt National Collection and as of 2018, it's in the Marbaum Collection at the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles CA and touring with the Dairy Barn for a couple years.
And I've been honored with invitations to exhibit at The Nature of a Stitch Sheehan Gallery, WA and Wisconsin Museum of Quilts.
I've been accepted for a Corridor Gallery Solo Exhibit World of Threads Festival 2018!
And lastly at the last Dinner at Eight in IQF in Houston- Fond Farewell! blog post —
http://fiberartgoddess.blogspot.com/
And my book is for sale on Amazon! http://tinyurl.com/z7jcb2e





No comments:
Post a Comment
Welcome! We'd love to hear from you!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.