Blog Comments
We can now add comments to the newer posts on the blog. Enjoy!
Volunteer Opportunities
As no one attended the Virtual Planning Meeting on September 22, I've decided to step back for a bit and am asking you to simply send me your ideas about making our next regional exhibition, conference, and maybe even a regional trunk show a reality.I will be scheduling another virtual member meeting later this fall. Let's get together then to discuss our ideas.
Regional Trunk Show
Have you seen the book "Steal Like an Artist" by Austin Kleon? It's a highly useful and entertaining book about creativity. I'm taking this little book's advice and am stealing a great idea from SAQA Florida and SAQA Atlantic Canada: the Regional Trunk Show.The basic idea is that each member contributes one 7 x 10" piece. All of the contributed pieces then travel to various exhibition venues in our region for 2-3 years, and then are auctioned off at the end of the run.
I'm reaching out to the Florida and Atlantic Canada reps for ideas about how to launch this in our region. Please get in touch with me if you'd like to join in on this fun project. sarahaubry@vermontel.net
Some beautiful work from our region:
Polly Freidrichs
The RiverWoods Art Calendar, which has had more than 100 items submitted for its 2019 calendar, juried by a team of "independent jurors" from New England area museums, has chosen a quilt of mine for the new calendar. I named it The Woods in Spring, and unsurprisingly, it will be used for the month of March. (Actually I was inspired to do it last April.) I'm told that my quilts have been chosen for the 5th year, more than any other one artist so honored.
![]() |
| The Woods in Spring |
Anne Walker
Here are two of the four pieces I am currently showing in the Fiber Collective exhibition at Maine Fiberarts.
For more information: https://www.mainefiberarts.org/at-the-gallery/current-exhibition
![]() |
| Winter Garden |
![]() |
| Late Afternoon |




No comments:
Post a Comment
Welcome! We'd love to hear from you!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.